MANIPUR EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH
(Evangelical Lutheran Churches in the Himalayan States)
MELC AT A GLANCE
The Manipur Evangelical Lutheran Church (MELC) formerly known as Jou Christian Association (JCA) was established on the 20th February, 1954 with a few believers at Daijang Village, Churachandpur District of Manipur state in India. It celebrated Golden Jubilee of its ministries in 2004. At present it is a body of 49 local Churches with 8500 members. Its headquarters is situated at Zomi Colony, Churachandpur, Manipur. It is a proud member of the Lutheran community (UELCI & LWF).
ADMINISTRATION IN BRIEF:
The Bishop is the Chief Functionary of the Head Office and the Churches and he is the overall head of all departments. The Bishop is assisted by Director/Secretary and other clerical staff to run the Office The Church is divided into 5 Administrative Districts, each under a District Superintendent who is elected for a term of 3 years. There are ordained Pastors and Evangelists in each District to assist the District Superintendents.
The ministry of the Church is divided into Mission, Education, Youth, Women and Children Departments.
The Right Rev. V. Hangminthang, Bishop
Manipur Evangelical Lutheran Church
Head Quarters: Zomi Colony, Post Box No.10,
Churachandpur -795128, Manipur, India.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com